Marketing and Publicity Coordinator Position, Flanker Press
Flanker Press is a book publishing company located in Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador. As the province’s most active publisher of trade books, the company averages twenty new titles per year, with a heavy emphasis on regional non-fiction and historical fiction.
Flanker Press is looking for a dedicated candidate to fill a Marketing and Publicity Coordinator position. This is a full-time (35 hours/week) temporary (maternity leave replacement) position with some overtime required. The start date is January 8, 2018, and the expected termination date is December 31, 2018. The salary is based upon $30,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication and organizational skills, and have previous experience in Marketing and Publicity.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Handling outreach to media, the public, the education sector and specialty retailers
• Coordinating media pitches, book launches, and award submissions
• Providing website updates, social media accounts and media contacts
• Actively working to enhance the profile of the company and its authors
• Managing and monitoring metadata
• Post-Secondary Education ( Media – Marketing – an asset)
• A good working knowledge of publishing in Newfoundland & Canada
• Experienced with broadcast and print media, marketing, and social media
• Versatile with Microsoft software and able to learn other specific programs
• Outgoing, energetic, organized, focused, accurate, engaged and deadline-oriented
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Great interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills, ability to multi-task and juggle several projects at once is a must!
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Closing Date: December 14, 2017
Flanker Press thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.